B.F. Morey Elementary was named after Benjamin Franklin Morey, born January 19, 1848. After graduating from the State Normal School at Millersville in 1871, B.F. Morey came to Stroudsburg to take charge of the public schools until 1875. He was then elected Superintendent of Public Instruction for Monroe County. In 1925, B.F. Morey was built in his honor. The school contained 8 classrooms for kindergarten through sixth grades. Benjamin Franklin Morey passed away in 1932.